Dear AP Students and Parents:
It is time to register for 2021 AP Exams. Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving on college tuition. Below is some pertinent information for registration.
Fees: This year each AP exam costs $86 plus an exam fee of $9 (total of $95); however, the state of North Dakota and the NMSI program are once again providing exam fee assistance for some exams. EACH STUDENT WILL PAY A $9 TEST FEE PER EXAM.
- For exams in English, Math, Science, or Computer Science: The state pays $85 of the student’s first exam in one of these subject areas, then $43 of the next three exams. NMSI will cover the other half, so you will only need to pay your $9 fee.
- For AP US History, the state of ND and NMSI do not cover a portion, so the student will pay the full price of $95.
- There is additional assistance for students on the free/reduced lunch program.
- The $9 fee will be waived.
- For exams in English, Math, Science, or Computer Science, the state will pay full price for up to 4 exams.
- For AP USH, there will be a waiver of $42, so the exam fee will be $53.
- If you order an exam after the deadline of November 12, you will be charged a late-order fee of $40.
Registration: For the 2021 AP exams, students at Watford City High School must register using Total Registration. Students who took previous AP exams at WCHS already have a Total Registration account. Students who are taking AP exams for the first time must create an account. Please use your wc-wolves email for the registration process. It will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the high school home page or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/351830 to register.
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students see the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered and to print a copy for your records.
Payment: Watford City High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online through Total Registration. Keep in mind that if you are taking an exam in English, science, math, or computer science, you will be “waitlisted” before the payment page so that your total due can be calculated based on North Dakota’s fee schedule. Once the total due has been assigned to your account, you will receive a notification prompting you to log back in and pay. You can also pay Total Registration by mail. Do not make payment to Watford City High School; fees must be paid to Total Registration.
- Thurs, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:59 PM – REGULAR-PRICE REGISTRATION ENDS. Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late-order fee per exam.
Please contact Mr. Seth Thoreson, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.